Useful Gadgets For Home –
— Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission.
Labor Day weekend is upon us, and there’s incredible appliance deals to be found at all the major retailers, such as Best Buy, The Home Depot and more, you can get a jumpstart on the savings right now. Whether you’re shopping for a big-ticket item, like a better stove, or something small, like a new toaster oven that won’t burn your bagels, these household must-haves are marked down by huge amounts this holiday, so it’s a stellar time to buy and save.
Need help finding products? Sign up for our weekly newsletter. It’s free and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Feeling nervous about buying your appliances online? Don’t be—it actually makes it easier to compare models and prices and to track down the best deals (plus, we’ve got a few useful tips to help you get started). From top-rated refrigerators to our favorite space heaters, here are the biggest Labor Day appliance deals you won’t want to miss.
Useful Gadgets For Home – Ovens and Ranges
Among the most impressive discounts you’ll find this Labor Day are a plethora of ovens and ranges. From induction ranges, which rely on electrical heating elements, to gas models, which use an oxygen-gas mixture to operate cooktops, and wall ovens, which distribute heat via electricity, a ton of our top picks are currently on sale at appliance hotspots, such as Abt, The Home Depot and Appliances Connection.
The Frigidaire FGIH3047VF, for instance, is our all-time favorite induction range, and when added to your cart at Appliances Connection, it drops from its sale price of $1,793.10 to $1,199, which is nearly $863 off its retail price of $2,062.07. Better yet, you can use a $50 mail-in rebate (check the rebates section toward the bottom of the page) through Wednesday, September 30, to drop it to $1,149. In testing, we dubbed this Frigidaire model as our No.1 pick because of its incredible cooktop, which boasts auto-adjusting burners and preheats quickly. It even comes with an air frying mode, which is particularly unique in the realm of ranges.
Other exciting price drops include one of our favorite wall ovens, the Electrolux EI30EW48TS, which was once $3,511.07and is now $3,053.10 at the same store for an almost $458 discount. Although it didn’t take the cake as our top pick (that honor went to the GE Cafe CT9050SHSS, $2,558), it was a close runner-up due to its near-perfect roasting of pork and turkey, not to mention the impressively even baked cupcakes and cookies it churned out. The look of this machine is super modern, and we also appreciated the bright oven lights and smooth-opening doors. Below, check out some of our other most-loved ovens and ranges on sale.
- Get the Frigidaire FGIH3047VF Electric Induction Range at Appliances Connection for $1,149 with mail-in rebate (Save $863)
- Get the Frigidaire Professional FPEW3077RF Electric Wall Oven at Abt for $1,699 (Save $350)
- Get the Electrolux EI30EF45QS Electric Range at Appliances Connection for $2,198.10 (Save $329.72)
- Get the LG LSE4617ST Induction Oven at The Home Depot for $2,798 (Save $901)
- Get the Electrolux EI30EW48TS Electric Double Wall Oven at Appliances Connection for $3,053.10 (Save $457.97)
Useful Gadgets For Home – Refrigerators and Freezers
On the hunt for a new fridge-and-freezer combo? Never fear, because we’ve got your back with steep discounts on some of the most popular units we’ve tested. You can purchase the replacement model of the Samsung RF260BEAESR—our all-time favorite French-door refrigerator—the RF28T5001SR, for instance, at Abt for $1,709 right now. That’s a total of $190 off its original price of $1,899. In testing, we loved this discontinued version for its useful features, such as the internal ice maker and the deli drawer. Although there’s no through-door ice or water dispensers, this baby still took the cake for our top pick, wowing us with its package for the price point.
The Whirlpool WRT318FZDB, by contrast, is an even cheaper top-freezer refrigerator that we included in our list of the best refrigerators under $1,000. Once $659.99, this roomy, 18-cubic-foot fridge is on sale at Best Buy for $629.99, which is down $30 from its usual price. Its most exciting features include the movable glass shelves and retractable beverage shelf on the door, which allow you to truly maximize its smaller interior. (It also has a top freezer that boasts a 5.09-cubic foot capacity with one fixed glass shelf.) More importantly, however, this Whirlpool model was impressively spot-on in our temperature readings, proving that it consistently maintains its chilly climate akin to far more expensive fridges.
Here are some more of our top picks that are on sale this Labor Day:
- Get the Whynter CUF-210SS Upright Freezer at Amazon for $228.09 (Save $83.91)
- Get the Midea MRC070S0AWW Chest Freezer at Amazon for $398.73 (Save $91.27) (Pre-order for October 14)
- Get the Whirlpool WRT318FZDB Top-Freezer Refrigerator at Best Buy for $629.99 (Save $30)
- Get the Frigidaire FFTR2021TS Top-Freezer Refrigerator at Appliances Connection for $749 in cart (Save $174.57)
- Get the LG LSXS26366S Side-by-Side Refrigerator at Appliances Connection for $1,565.10 with mail-in rebate (Save $292.27)
- Get the Samsung RF28T5001SR for $1,709 at Abt (Save $190)
- Get the Frigidaire FG4H2272UF Counter-Depth Refrigerator at Appliances Connection for $1,849 with mail-in rebate (Save $1,455.07)
Useful Gadgets For Home – Washers and Dryers
There’s no chore we value more than laundry. Slipping on fresh-smelling garments is a truly unbeatable feeling, and at-home washers and dryers manage to make that process so much easier. This Labor Day, you can snag a ton of our favorite cleaning units at an impressive price: The GE GTW720BSNWS, for instance, is our top pick for top-load washers, and it’s on sale at Abt for $764, which is $85 down from its normal $849. We found a lot of things to love about this washing machine, such as the Tide Pod dispenser, its powerful cleaning abilities, high laundry capacity (4.8-cubic feet) and preset wash modes. The normal cleaning cycle only takes around 45 minutes and was super efficient in testing, while the other settings, like deep clean, deep rinse and delicates, were all useful, too.
If you’re in the market for a dryer, check out the Electrolux EFME627UTT, normally $1,234.07 and now $1,073.10 at Appliances Connection. With a $50 mail-in rebate (valid through Wednesday, September 30), it drops even further to $1,023.10, giving you nearly $211 in savings. Hailed as our favorite dryer in our roundup of the best washer and dryer sets (you can nab the accompanying washing machine, the Electrolux EFLS627UTT, on sale at Appliances Connection for $1,023.10 with the same mail-in rebate), we adored this machine for all that it had to offer. The presets include a quick-dry cycle, which only took 15 minutes, a normal cycle and a heavy cycle that surprised us by finishing up in just an hour. Additionally, there’s a steam option that helps get rid of wrinkles, and our clothes came out 99% dry at the end of the normal cycle.
- Get the GE GTW720BSNWS Top-Load Washer at Abt for $764 (Save $85)
- Get the Electrolux EFME527UIW Electric Dryer at AJ Madison for $983.10 (Save $265.90)
- Get the Electrolux EFLS627UTT at Appliances Connection for $1,023.10 with mail-in rebate (Save $210.97)
- Get the Electrolux EFME627UTT Electric Dryer at AJ Madison for $1,023.10 with mail-in rebate (Save $325.90)
Useful Gadgets For Home – Dishwashers
Dishwashers are also discounted in the appliance savings-palooza, with price cuts on these handy machines available en masse from retailers such as Best Buy and The Home Depot. While they tend to bring inconvenient installations to mind, other, easier options are also accessible, like this hOmeLabs compact countertop dishwasher. Once $349.99, it’s now $279.99 at Amazon when you check the coupon box beneath the price. Featured in our roundup of the best countertop dishwashers, we liked this portable product because of its impressive cleaning capabilities, which were on par with another of our top picks, the Danby DDW621WDB ($229.99). There are presets available, including eco and light, and the exterior is sleek enough to show off in your kitchen.
If you’re looking for a more traditional option, we recommend the Bosch SHPM88Z75N, our top-favorite third-rack dishwasher. Normally $1,549, AJ Madison has slashed its price down to $1,254.10, dropping it by a solid 19%. Better still, there’s an additional $75 rebate to use by Monday, November 30, for a final price of $1,179.10. In testing, there was so much to love about this Bosch model: It checked off all our boxes in terms of sound level (it’s one of the quietest dishwashers we’ve ever tested), efficiency and style. It also did an incredible job of removing tough food stains, like baked spinach and burnt-on cheese (yum!), plus, it comes with a unique CrystalDry feature, which completely dries all of your dishes—including plastic Tupperware.
- Get the hOmelabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher at Amazon for $279 (Save $70)
- Get the Bosch SHEM3AY52N Dishwasher at Appliances Connection for $494 (Save $54.89)
- Get the GE GDT605PSMSS Dishwasher at Best Buy for $638 (Save $71)
- Get the LG LDF5545SS Built-in Dishwasher at Appliances Connection for $620.10 with mail-in rebate (Save $150.52)
- Get the Bosch SHPM88Z75N Third-Rack Dishwasher at Appliances Connection for $1,179.10 with mail-in rebate (Save $214.34)
Useful Gadgets For Home – Space heaters
Shopping for space heaters? You can grab our best-valued pick, the Lasko 754200 electric ceramic space heater, originally $29.97, on sale for $26.30 at Walmart. In our testing, we enjoyed that this ceramic fan-forced pick was light, compact and offered us automatic overheat protection, which basically means it shut itself off if it ran for too long. This 4.5-star rated device has more than 1,000 positive reviews from Walmart shoppers, and while it’s already budget-friendly, this deal will have you save a few extra bucks.
If you’re looking for a more sophisticated investment that also will net you more bang for your buck, try the Dyson AM09 Hot + Cool bladeless fan and heater with jet focus. This is one of the most impressive machines we’ve had the pleasure of testing. We were absolutely wowed by this ceramic fan-forced space heater, which also features a powerful built-in oscillating fan, so you can use it in any season. After trying it out, we consider the Dyson AM09 to be among the most pet- and kid-friendly heaters available, as all the parts that get hot are covered. The one drawback? Its original retail price—$499.99—makes it one of the most expensive options available, as well. But right now, you can get it at HSN for $349.99 and $329.99 with coupon code 181534, which is $170 off and one of the biggest price drops we’ve ever seen on this particular unit.
Before you buy anything, however, it’s important to keep in mind that space heaters should never be left unattended or plugged into an extension cord, as this could increase the risk of malfunction—heating units are one of the leading causes of house fires in the U.S. Additionally, you’ll want to maintain a 3-foot radius between the unit and anything that may be flammable, including blankets, clothing and other materials.
- Get the Lasko 754200 Electric Ceramic Space Heater at Walmart for $26.30 (Save $3.67)
- Get the De’Longhi Capsule Ceramic Indoor Heater at Amazon for $48.88 (Save $30.56)
- Get the Dr. Infrared Heater DR-968 at Wayfair for $107.99 (Save $130)
- Get the Dyson AM09 Hot + Cool Bladeless Fan and Heater with Jet Focus at HSN for $329.99 with coupon code 181534 (Save $150)
Useful Gadgets For Home – Microwaves
Some of the biggest Labor Day discounts available are on countertop microwaves, like this GE 1.1 cubic-foot mid-size model. Originally priced at $109.99, it drops to $102.99 at Best Buy, so you can snag this already-affordable unit for even less. When we tested this 4.5-star rated device, we liked its simplicity and attractive stainless-steel look, plus it offers 12 useful preset functions, so virtually anyone can use it. It heats evenly and the light stays on, too. While this 1.1 cubic-foot microwave is somewhat underwhelming in the power department (it’s 950 watts) compared to other countertop units we’ve tested, more than 3,000 Best Buy reviewers say it’s a good, solid selection, especially for the price.
If you’re searching for an over-the-range microwave, this Samsung ME19R7041FS unit is one of the most popular options at Best Buy, with more than 700 glowing reviews from shoppers and a 4.5-star rating. Originally priced at $349.99, you can get it for $249.99 during the store’s general sale. This 1,000-watt machine has a large, 1.9-cubic-foot capacity and comes with built-in “sensor cook” technology, which automatically adjusts your microwaving time for the best results.
- Get the Magic Chef 0.7-Cubic-Foot Countertop Microwave at The Home Depot for $44.98 (Save $10)
- Get the Insignia NS-MW09SS8 Countertop Microwave at Best Buy for $54.99 (Save $35)
- Get the GE 1.1-Cubic-Foot Countertop Microwave at Best Buy for $102.99 (Save $12)
- Get the LG LMC1575ST NeoChef 1.5-Cubic-Foot Microwave at AJ Madison for $165.20 (Save $75.80)
- Get the Whirlpool WMH31017HS 1.7-Cubic-Foot Over-the-Range Microwave at Best Buy for $199.99 (Save $120)
- Get the Samsung ME19R7041FS Over-the-Range Microwave at Best Buy for $249.99 (Save $100)
- Get the Frigidaire FGMV17WNVF Over-the-Range Microwave at AJ Madison for $323 (Save $166)
Useful Gadgets For Home – Air purifiers, humidifiers and more
The best purifiers can improve the air quality in your house or apartment by removing allergens, traces of mold and other potentially harmful particles. In testing, we appreciated how easy the Bissell Air220 2609A air purifier in particular was to use, and found that it did a good job of removing set-in odors (though it struggled with incense and peppermints). Although we weren’t big fans of the handle—it was too shallow, meaning we had to hold it with both hands to move the unit around—it’s still a great buy—especially on sale. Originally priced at $229.99, it drops to $194.99 on HSN for $35 in savings, plus, you can enter coupon code 181534 to get an extra $20 off.
- Get the Bissell Air220 2609A Air Purifier at HSN for $174.99 with coupon code 181534 (Save $35)
- Get the Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier at Best Buy for $220.99 (Save $29)
- Get the Friedrich D70BPA Dehumidifier at Amazon for $248.80 (Save $122.20)
Useful Gadgets For Home – Small kitchen appliances
Major appliances aren’t the only things on sale this weekend. When it comes to everyday cooking, sometimes it’s the smaller gadgets, like the best air fryers and toaster ovens, that make the biggest impact. During Labor Day weekend, you can save on some of the most impressive devices we’ve ever tried out.
Take, for instance, the Philips XXL—a.k.a. our favorite air fryer. Designed as a healthy alternative to deep frying (a notorious source of trans fats and extra calories), this machine allows you to cook mouthwateringly good food, like chicken wings, without the added grease and fat. It was originally priced at $299.99 but drops to $199.99 at Walmart for $100 in savings, which is great.
If you’re in the market for some browned bread, you can pick up this Hamilton Beach six-slice convection toaster oven, which was originally priced at $87.99 and is on sale for $59.49 at Macy’s thanks to a 15% off discount that will apply automatically once you add this item to your cart. As a result, you’ll save a total of $28.50 and get our choice for the best affordable toaster oven on the market at its lowest price online. In testing, we dug that this unit featured a built-in roll-back door. It also offered excellent toasting and baking functionality. While it wasn’t our top pick an lacked electronic controls, this Hamilton Beach model is still an excellent bargain for most shoppers.
- Get the Black & Decker Citrus Juicer at Macy’s for $19.54 in cart (Save $9.45)
- Get the Dash Safe Slice Mandolin at Amazon for $39.99 (Save $10)
- Get the Philips Airfryer XXL at Walmart for $199.99 (Save $100)
- Get the Hamilton Beach 6-Slice Convection Toaster Oven at Macy’s for $59.49 in cart (Save $28.50)
- Get the KitchenAid KSM150FE Artisan Series 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer at Macy’s for $251.99 with code WKND (Save $148)
Prices were accurate at the time this article was published but may change over time.
Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2020/09/02/labor-day-appliance-sale-save-best-buy-home-depot-and-more/5690790002/
The Most Powerful Sale & Affiliate Platform Available!
There's no credit card required! No fees ever.Create Your Free Account Now!
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe